If you are wondering about the increased content this morning, I have been moving things around as I make a new theme go live. I had been experimenting with it on my test blog. My meditations had been pages, but now they are properly categorized as posts. The past few months, I have been experimenting and working to create a new look, a new organization, and a new ease of use to Open Hearted Musings. I have learned so much from other bloggers, even just looking at how they have done theirs.
I wanted to upgrade my “brand” and make it clearer who I was.
I learned how to use categories, I learned about magazine themes, I learned how to use featured images, and I am pleased so far, so have gone live with it. I think I may keep “uncategorized” for posts that aren’t evergreen. (another new term – hey who says you can’t teach an ol;d dog new tricks?)
Things to think about though…
- The theme is called “Sight ” and I like the way it looks – with the exception that the site title is so large and the header is so small. Is there a theme with these features and this crisp look (I love the black background) that fixes those two things?
- I needed a magazine-style theme that listed snippets of a post down the page with a Featured image that wasn’t repeated in the text unless I wanted it there. This allows people to see much more content than the infinite scroll did (hey I didn’t even know that term two months ago- yeah for me!)
- I really like the black background.
- I love how easy it is to find the edit link.
- I needed categories to crisply line up along the top of the content. I still have months of work to categorize years worth of posts, but so far, so good.The major categories work to tell people what to expect here.
- I don’t need a lot of posting formats, but I do wish there was a slider and an option for a sticky post. I thought this theme had those, but can’t find them.
I hope you like it and that it helps you find the content you want. I still have weeks and weeks of work to do fixing categories in my older posts (before this summer) but I couldn’t wait. I have some of that impulse control disorder in me.
I would LOVE to hear any feedback on my 5 “things to think about.”